One of my new years' resolutions is to take more pictures! Geran and I both have decent digital cameras, but I haven't taken pictures with mine in so long, I'm not even sure where it is! I guess my first goal should be to find my camera, then start documenting our lives better with it! Fortunately, other people take pictures, so I'm not completely without!
A couple of fun events have taken place since the last update; Christmas and Thanksgiving of course, and my little sister's wedding! We'll start with Thanksgiving: I don't have any Thanksgiving pictures (hence my new years' resolution), but pictures or not, we had a wonderful time! Geran and I both took the whole week of Thanksgiving off of work so we could spend the entire week in Washington with the Call's! I think it's the longest we've ever been there in one stay! It was wonderfully relaxing. I always feel so comfortable and happy there. I love hanging out with Geran's sisters and Mom, too! They are so much fun! We all had a good time scarfing the turkey and ham, and of course shopping! We miss everyone terribly back in Idaho, and I always cry when we leave.
Since we were in Washington for Thanksgiving, we trekked on over to Kuna for Christmas. Because of our work schedules, we couldn't leave till Wednesday the 22nd, and had to return again on Christmas evening. My engaged sister also came home with her fiance'. We played a lot of games and ate a lot of treats! Geran taught everyone how to play Canasta; it will probably become a new family fave! We have a tradition of acting out the story of Christ's birth on Christmas Eve, complete with costumes (aka sheets and pillowcases!) Here are a few pictures of that (There are pictures my mom took, although I somehow escaped all of them, not even on purpose!):
Geran was Joseph (I was Mary, but as I said, I'm not in any pictures! :( ):

Tressia and her fiance', Hiram, were the shepherds:

Diana and David were the wise "people"/men (Obviously, Diana didn't know someone was snapping the picture! Ha!):


And Royal was Lo, The Angel of the Lord (Obviously, Royal did know someone was snapping the picture, and posed accordingly! He's pretty good at that....):

My mom banned anyone from being the donkey carrying Mary or the sheep this year, because she says we get too silly.... Imagine that! She probably made a wise decision. Plus this year, we barely had enough people to cover the main roles! Anyways, it was still fun, as usual.
Wow this is turning out to be really long! But I must continue to Tressia's wedding! I happened to be the family member that lives the closest to her in Logan, so I got help out with all the fun wedding stuff! I love weddings. Boy did this open my eyes to how much my mother-in-law did for our wedding! There is a lot that goes into wedding plans, and Renae did so much for mine and Geran's wedding. She is classy yet practical, and here is a long overdue THANK YOU to you, Renae for making our reception and luncheon perfect! Tressia and Hiram Knapp were married December 28 in the Logan temple. It was a wonderful sealing, and of course everyone was just bubbling over with happiness, especially the bride and groom! Tressia looked beautiful, not just because I did her hair! ;) Here are a couple of pictures from her reception:


She made a beautiful bride, and will be a great wife! We all love her husband and wish them the best!
Well, that's it for now! If you're reading this, thanks for sticking it out through all those pictures and babbling!
No comments:
Post a Comment