First, happy Mother's Day, everyone! This is my first Mother's Day as a mom! Seth gave me an early Mother's Day present on Friday night when he slept for 5 straight hours! This is a big deal; Seth has had a little trouble falling asleep and staying asleep in the last 2 months, and I've been used to him waking every 2-3 hrs, with an occasional 4 hour stretch. So how he went from 3 hrs straight to 5 hrs, I don't know, but he did it again last night, so I'm hoping it's more than a fluke. Geran's present to me is letting me take a good nap this afternoon!
Like I said, this is my first Mother's Day, but it's my mom's 27th Mother's Day! (I think...) I echo the words of Abraham Lincoln: "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." I love you, Mom!
As all mothers know, our lives are pretty much consumed with our children! And so is mine! Of course Geran is included in that too. :) Seth is such a happy little boy. I can't believe he is ours! Thought I'd share what our days our like with some pictures:
 |
| Seth LOOVES his exersaucer and has mastered the ability to spin all the way around to play with ALL the toys. He's always loved to stand up, so this toy is perfect for him! He spends time in it at least a few times day. |
 |
| Since he doesn't really take a bottle, we started solid foods around 4 1/2 months. He's getting so good at it, and I think he likes to sit at the table to eat like Mom and Dad do. Just recently, he's started to try and take the spoon from me to try and feed himself, which is not successful yet! |
 |
| My good friend gave me this jogging stroller, so I've started running a little bit again. Fortunately, Seth is a pretty big fan of riding in the stroller, and usually ends up falling asleep! |
And then there are naptimes.... Sometimes he only sleeps for 45min-1 hr at a time, so on a good day he takes at least 3 naps. And unless he's in the car or stroller, the only way he falls asleep is by crying to sleep in his crib (which, by the way, makes Church a little difficult). He must be a pretty active crier because sometimes when I go check on him he's lying perpendicular-ly, or has completely turned 180 degrees!
 |
| I love happy nappy's! They make everyone happy, especially Mom! |
Well, there you have it. This is what I get to do almost every day! I'm grateful I am able to work just part time, so I can spend so much time with Baby Seth. And, since the semester ended for Geran, he is home quite a bit, too! He is teaching an 8-week summer course, but it's only 2 hrs a day twice a week, plus all the prep work or course, but we are lucky to have Daddy home a lot for the summer. We are looking forward to a fun summer with Diana's wedding less than 2 week away and our annual camping trip in Coeur d'Alene with the Call's in July!
No comments:
Post a Comment